# Cajun Chicken Parmesan Penne
For my birthday this month, like any responsible adult, I bought myself some kitchen appliances. This included a Crockpot, which I bought immediately as soon as I realized you could cook things other than soup in them, like pasta!
I stumbled upon this recipe on YouTube and it looked so good I had to try it myself.
I had to write down all the ingredients from the video before I went shopping and then kept watching the video again while I made the meal to see the instructions, so I've decided to write down the recipe on my blog for convenience.
8 servings. 20-30 minute prep time.
1 tbs olive oil 1.5 lb chicken breasts 1 lb chicken andouille sausage 3 cups heavy cream 4 cups chicken broth 4 tbs butter 2 tbs cajun seasoning 2 cloves garlic 1 lb uncooked penne pasta 0.5 cup hot water 8 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese (~2 1/2 cups) salt black pepper garlic powder
- Bring a pan to medium-high heat and drizzle olive oil into the pan. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until brown. Season each side with spices.
- Cut the andouille sausage into slices.
- Add the ingredients to your slow cooker. Place the chicken at the bottom of the pot, add the sausages and garlic on top. Pour in heavy cream and chicken broth. Add butter as two blocks into the mix. Add more seasoning on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into pieces.
- Heat up 0.5 cup of water and add to the slow cooker, stirring the mix.
- Add penne pasta to the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the pot.
- Shred parmesan cheese and add to mixture while stirring.
- Eat it. Probably best to let it settle for a while before serving.